At a height of 2,099 meters above sea level, Nagarkot hilltop is visited for viewing beautiful sunrises and sunsets, and visitors take delight in the layout of the Kathmandu Valley below. On a clear day Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Gauri Shankar and Everest can be seen from here. Lodges and resorts are open throughout the year and visitors can extend their sojourn to explore the countryside. Nagarkot is probably one of the highest spots in the Kathmandu Valley that can be reached by bus. Most roads don't go straight to the top and this is definitely the case for the road from Kathmandu to Nagarkot.
This winding road takes 17kms to reach from the bottom to the top of the hill. It does offer some excellent views of the surroundings, with the little villages, cottages and paddies. However, be prepared for a dazzling, breathtaking and turning (approximately one hour) drive to reach the top. some of the 5 good reasons to visit Nagarkot:
- 1. For those longing for some really refreshing environment to be free from hectic busy schedules in the crowded Kathmandu.
- 2. Nagarkot provides a scenic beauty and divine peace far from heat, dust, smoke and city’s hustle bustle.
- 3. Nagarkot is the nearest point from the Kathmandu valley from where on a clear day, the view of Mount Everest can be seen.
- 4. Nagarkot is ideal hilltop venue to acclimatize for high altitude adventures as it is located at 7200 ft above sea level.
- 5. It is the transit point for Helambu and Lang-tang trekking.
- Nagarkot is also a good point for mini-trekking.
Nagarkot,an internationally renowned resort situated in the Kathmandu valley close to the city of Devotees, Bhaktapur, is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful areas of the country.
At 2,175 m above sealevel Nagarkot is the 2nd highest point on the valley . This hilltop resort is 32 km north east of Tribhuvwan International airport.It has grown into a popular resort to getaway far from the hustle-bustle of the city centre. Only an hrs drive from the Kathmandu valley, you are soon far from the heat, dust, smoke and crowd of Kathmandu with nothing to distract you from the pleasures of fresh breeze of the rural countryside.
For the one who wish to spend more than one night in Nagarkot, there is plenty more activities to keep you occupied. For those wishing to stretch their legs and enjoy the fresh mountain breeze, there are several pleasant strolls around the rural countryside of Nagarkot. Here, you can savour the beauty of majestic mountains under comfort and quiet. Or if you wish you can do pony-riding, a visit to tamang village, bird-watching, meditation and yoga, hiking or simply stretch out in a terrace with a vodka cocktail and listen to the noise of rattling winds, you will definitely caught up the holiday mood. Nagarkot is surrounded by thickly forested hills of pine trees which seems to be beautiful scenary.
1. Pony Riding
2. Jungle Walks
3. Bird Watching
4. Simply dwell upon the Himalayas
5. Village Trekking
6. Nagarkot Panoramic Hiking
7. Nagarkot 360 view tower